Let’s just make fun of everybody! Honest Trailers takes a shot at all of the streaming services! Take those weirdos down a peg.
I’m a big fan of the streaming service utopia we live in these days. Instead of paying for cable, I can pick and choose which shows I specifically want to see and just go straight to watching them. And I feel like Netflix and the like are more open to trying out wilder and weirder shows than network or cable TV.
Vive le streaming services!
Honestly, we should all just be happy that a Runaways TV show happened at all! This thing was always in the works, always in the conversation, and I’m glad it happened. I’m a big fan of the show and I’ll be sad to see it go at the end of the new, third season.
Such is the price we all must pay for the awesome Marvel Disney+ shows on the horizon.
Maybe this means that we can wait a couple of years and then Disney+ will relaunch the Runaways TV show and make it like Rainbow Rowell’s current Runaways comic, picking up with the team several years after their initial heyday. That would be a blast!
Season 3 starts on Dec. 13!
Little Monsters is one of those small movies that looks really neat, and hopefully I’ll remember it exists by the time it actually comes out. A new trailer has revealed that it’s coming to Hulu on Oct. 8!
It used to be coming to theaters in the UK in November, so this is neat! Something must have happened behind the scenes to make this a Hulu Original. Here’s hoping I remember Little Monsters a month from now because it looks like fun!
We are overloaded with comic book TV shows these days and I love it! Not only did I just finish watching the first season of Titans and now the second season of Runaways, but I just started the first season of Umbrella Academy! What a wild and wonderful superhero world we live in. It’s even better when the show is actually good, like the new season of Runaways!
TV Show Rating: 9/10 – Great.
I enjoyed the first season of the show well enough. I was disappointed that the kids didn’t actually run away until the very end of the last episode of the season. I think a lot of people were bothered by that. Well, whoever is running the show took that message to heart and delivered a far more involved, far faster second season that doesn’t drag everything out for the sake of dragging it out. That was very much appreciated! And now this show is a much different beast than the original comic, while still maintaining that comic book/Runaways appeal!
Also, the current Runaways comic by Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka is absolutely fabulous! It was my favorite comic last year and everyone should be reading if they enjoy this squad.
Expect FULL SPOILERS for season 2!
I don’t even know how to respond to this news other than shock and amusement. After cancelling a couple of their live action Netflix shows, Marvel has now announced a slate of five animated shows coming to Hulu.
M.O.D.O.K., Howard the Duck, Hit Monkey, a random Tigra and Dazzler team-up, and then a combination show called The Offenders.
This feels like an April Fool’s Day prank.
How do any of these shows make sense? Why are they going to Hulu? Has Marvel already forgotten their Disney+ streaming service coming down the line? And with a name like The Offenders, are they purposefully trying to annoy Netflix, the biggest name in streaming?
There is no logic in this place.
More information is available at Marvel.com. And here’s a rundown of each series:
- M.O.D.O.K.: An egomaniacal Super Villain with a really big head and a really little body, struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Comes from writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt, with Blum, Oswalt and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers
- Hit Monkey: Tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Comes from writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck, with Gordon, Speck and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- Tigra & Dazzler Show: Two woke Super Heroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Comes from writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler, with Rivinoja, Handler, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- Howard the Duck: Trapped in a world he never made, America’s favorite fighting fowl Howard the Duck hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Comes from writersKevin Smith and Dave Willis, with Smith, Willis, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- The Offenders: Nobody asked them to, and we’d be better off if they didn’t, but M.O.D.O.K., Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe.
Honestly, this all sounds like Jeph Loeb is off on some crazy side project without anybody else at Marvel or Disney having any idea what he’s doing.
I am mildly curious to see just what the heck all of this is about. What are your thoughts?