Dazzler, M.O.D.O.K., Howard the Duck and More Are Coming to Marvel Animation
I don’t even know how to respond to this news other than shock and amusement. After cancelling a couple of their live action Netflix shows, Marvel has now announced a slate of five animated shows coming to Hulu.
M.O.D.O.K., Howard the Duck, Hit Monkey, a random Tigra and Dazzler team-up, and then a combination show called The Offenders.
This feels like an April Fool’s Day prank.
How do any of these shows make sense? Why are they going to Hulu? Has Marvel already forgotten their Disney+ streaming service coming down the line? And with a name like The Offenders, are they purposefully trying to annoy Netflix, the biggest name in streaming?
There is no logic in this place.
More information is available at Marvel.com. And here’s a rundown of each series:
- M.O.D.O.K.: An egomaniacal Super Villain with a really big head and a really little body, struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Comes from writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt, with Blum, Oswalt and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers
- Hit Monkey: Tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Comes from writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck, with Gordon, Speck and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- Tigra & Dazzler Show: Two woke Super Heroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Comes from writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler, with Rivinoja, Handler, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- Howard the Duck: Trapped in a world he never made, America’s favorite fighting fowl Howard the Duck hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Comes from writersKevin Smith and Dave Willis, with Smith, Willis, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.
- The Offenders: Nobody asked them to, and we’d be better off if they didn’t, but M.O.D.O.K., Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe.
Honestly, this all sounds like Jeph Loeb is off on some crazy side project without anybody else at Marvel or Disney having any idea what he’s doing.
I am mildly curious to see just what the heck all of this is about. What are your thoughts?
Posted on February 11, 2019, in Cartoons, Marvel, Television and tagged Dazzler, Hit Monkey, Howard the Duck, Hulu, Hulu Offenders, MODOK, The Offenders, Tigra, Tigra & Dazzler Show. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.