Category Archives: Blog Stuff
My New Year’s Resolution for 2012 was to stop drinking soda. I lasted about two or three weeks before accidentally forgetting while at a basketball game and having a bottle of sweet, sweet Mountain Dew. It was all downhill from there…until I had a checkup in the hospital in September and found I had high blood pressure. After that, I managed to kick the soda and I haven’t had a drop since! So it took a few months, but I managed to fulfill my New Year’s Resolution!
So what about this year?
I know that 2013 is going to be a very good year. I think, if we all put our minds to it, we can totally make it so! And what better way to celebrate 2013 than ensuring that my resolutions succeed! Here are my 6 New Year’s Resolutions for 2013!
Welcome to the first ever theme week at Henchman-4-Hire! For some reason, a lot of different aspects of my life became focused on the Assassin’s Creed video game franchise over the past few weeks, so I decided to try something awesome and new and introduce a blog theme week! We’re going to have a lot of Assassin’s Creed posts, jokes and even an Assassin’s Creed-themed List of Six on Wednesday! Also big this week will be a review of the three Assassin’s Creed graphic novels from Titan Books – which marks my first ever semi-professional comic review – as well as my long awaited review of Assassin’s Creed 3! This week is going to be a killer!
I am not above making a few puns.
I’m very excited about the graphic novels. You guys have been reading my comic book reviews for months now, and I’d like to think I’m building a fanbase. But all those comics, or the video games and movies I’ve reviewed, were things I bought on my own and reviewed on my own. Now, for the first time, a professional publishing company has reached out to me to review some of their work! I’ve been recognized as a legitimate review blog! That’s pretty exciting. Look for the graphic novel reviews on Tuesday.
And then on Friday, I’ve got my review of Assassin’s Creed 3. It was my most anticipated video game of the year, and I waited until it came out for the PC before playing and reviewing it. I’m really excited for that review as well.
So stay tuned this week, keep coming back and check out all of the Assassin’s Creed fun!
And if you have no idea what the heck I’m talking about, join me after the jump for a primer on Assassin’s Creed!
Today marks the very first day anniversary of this blog, Henchman-4-Hire, when my only entry was a post basically stating, ‘So I’ve started a blog’. Boy, what a long, strange trip it’s been, to quote every single high school yearbook ever. It hardly seems like a full year has passed. But as I grow into adulthood, I”m quickly learning that years really do fly by at an incredibly rapid pace. It’s already April, people! April!
So I don’t really have anything fancy planned to mark this occasion. I’d kind of hoped to start some of my big blog projects, but procrastination is still making a fool of those. I guess I’m just going to go with this simple post of back-patting congratulations!
It’s been an awesome year. I will definitely say that my blog has so far been the kind of success I’d hoped it would be. I’ve got a lot of fans, and I thank you all for coming back to check out my posts and read up on whatever my latest rant or review might be. It’s good to know I’m not just yapping into the wind or talking in a corner all by myself. We’re hardly doing Facebook numbers in terms of site views, but I know that if I just keep at it and write good posts then the people will come. Most of my favorite websites I discovered just by random Internet surfing. So I will just keep at it and hope that more and more people find me.
All that being said, does anybody have any suggestions or requests of my blog? Anything you’d like to see more of? Anything you’d like to see less of? I’d love some feedback.
I could always tell more jokes.
What’s a frog’s favorite drink?
I’ll be here all night folks!
Today is a very special day in blogging! I want to introduce you all to my first Super Fan, Lais Campos Reis. I’ve been nothing but amazed and incredibly pleased at the fans I’ve managed to attract to this blog. There have been some great people visiting and commenting and reading my articles. It’s such a delight. But Lais, a young Brazlian girl, has gone the extra step of drawing my first ever fan art!
Take a look!
As I’ve explained elsewhere, I don’t own the fun Henchman character I have at the top of my page. But Lais has drawn a fantastic likeness. She said I could share it with everyone, so feast your eyes!
And everyone give Lais a round of applause for sheer awesomeness.
Hi everybody! Sean here, your Henchman-4-Hire! I’ve been having a blast writing this blog, and I’d like to think I’ve gathered a small group of friends and fans. Or maybe just people who accidentally set their homepage to my blog and don’t know how to fix it. All are welcome. I know I’m one of a jillion pop culture blogs on the Internet, but it’s still fun writing about topics that interest me like comics, video games and all that geeky stuff.
And Arkham City. That article on The 6 Best Easter Eggs of Batman: Arkham City was a gift that keeps on giving!
Clearly Batman is looking out for me.
So for my first post of the New Year, I thought I’d let you all in on some ideas and projects that I hope to start in the new year. Some site resolutions, if you will. First of all though, I was hoping to get some feedback from my readers. What do you guys and gals like about my blog? What do you hate? How are my reviews? Do you like the long form with full synopsis? Should I shorten them up? Am I just a blithering idiot in general?
Let me know in the comments so I can make some changes and improvements.
Here are my Henchman-4-Hire New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Get a New Logo: I don’t own the grinning guy in the green and yellow at the top of my blog, the one I’m sort of using as a logo. That’s a Marvel Comics character, named Bob: Agent of Hydra. It just so happens that he’s a henchman and that picture just looks perfect for the tone and scope of my blog. So I’m using it under the Fair Use rules of coypright law. I’m not making any money off the image or this blog. So I’m safe, I think.
Hopefully sometime this year I’ll be able to work with an artist or anyone really to design my own original Henchman-4-Hire character to use in place of Bob. I have some ideas, but I’m a terrible artist. If any of my readers would like to help me out in designing a new character and a new logo, contact me via e-mail. Or if you know someone who can do that sort of thing. Please get in touch with me. This site needs its own unique look!
2. Henchman Spotlight: This was a project I’ve wanted to do since the very beginning, a sort of detailed look at specific Henchmen from pop culture. It would include a biography, trivia, appearances, and other just fun stuff about each character. Sort of like the list of the 6 Greatest Henchmen of All Time, but more specific. I’d planned on doing it as a Henchman-of-the-Month, but that’s probably not going to happen. And I have no one to blame but procrastination. So hopefully soon I’ll put up the first one of these.
3. Guide to Henching: Another Henchman-related project. If you follow me on Twitter or have liked my Facebook page, then you’ve already seen me starting to roll out this idea. I’ve been writing up little Henchmen rules/trivia. It’s just a little game for now, but I hope to get a little more elaborate. Maybe write some ‘Official Rules of Henching’ or something. Like a guide book. Maybe even write enough to attract a publisher and get it published something. So those little factoids will continue, but on my blog itself I hope to write something more in depth and grand.
4. The Robin Manifesto: Frequent readers of my blog will know that I absolutely love Robin, The Boy Wonder. He’s one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. Unfortunately, he’s also the most maligned mainstream comic book character in the world! Everybody hates Robin! Nobody wants to see him in the movies. They mock him, they scoff at him. The guy gets no respect, I’m tellin’ ya.
Well that’s going to change. I have a lot of article ideas in mind to tell the world about the awesomeness of Robin. I’m going to make it a project, with new articles published as often as I can write them. Why do I think Robin is so cool. Why would Robin be a perfect fit in the Christopher Nolan movies. Why does Batman not understand the importance of Robin. Why do some Robins succeed and some Robins fail. Those are just a couple of ideas. Maybe then I’ll be able to make the world understand!
5. Stop Drinking Soda: This is actually my personal New Year’s Resolution. Usually my resolution is to lose weight, but that’s never worked. This one might be a little easier to accomplish. Plus it will lead into losing weight. So wish me luck!